I worked on my matching burpies and except for some monogrammed initials or names, which I am going to attempt with my new Bernina 820, these are finished. I like to make them in sets of three…not sure why. Maybe it is because that is how I often see them in boutiques and specialty stores. My niece Jessica is due in May. She loves the colors purple and turquoise and those are the colors my sister said to choose.
I like to roll them and present them to the new mom looking like this. Isn’t that pretty?
Someone will be getting this set with Farmer’s Market and a little AB that is waiting to be monogrammed.
I have made enough burpies to know that you can get three from one fat quarter, but you are left a little short on the end. I used to run them through my serger and just make them 1 1/2 to 2 inches shorter. But this time I am going to try the embroidery on my new machine. Hope it works. I am a little reluctant because I normally buy the premium Gerber diapers and they are pretty thick. I like the thickness for padding a baby’s head, but not sure it will work for the embroidery.
My daughter-in-law, Kim is a huge Amy Butler fan. I think you will be able to tell which girl is getting which sets of burpies. The third one is not finished because I ran out of the pink rick-rack.
My nephew is having a boy in late June. I am planning to use my Pure for that quilt, but in the mean time I made a few burpies with snails for his new boy. They are going to name him Keegan (hope I spelled that correctly). I will let you all know if I am able to figure out the embroidery on my machine and show you the results.
I made these so that the snails are right side-up when they are over a mom or dad’s shoulder and the name will show on the back side.
<< Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails-that’s what little boys are made of >>
Thanks for visiting,